WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
A. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may collect both personal information (information that identifies, relates to, or could be linked with a particular individual) and non-personal information about you.
1. Personal information. You don’t have to provide us with your personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address) in order to read most of what’s posted on our sites. We do collect personal information about you when you set up an account for your subscription with us or place an order from a site. We may also collect personal information about you when, for example, you sign up to receive newsletters or emails, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey, email us, or when we alert you that you must submit personal information. Such information may include name, screen name, password, address, phone number, email address, credit card numbers, expiration dates, CVV codes, as well as billing and shipping addresses. Without this information, we would not be able to fulfill your orders, or respond to your inquiries, entries, and requests.
2. Other information. Other information that we may collect about you include the following. When you engage in transactions with us, we keep a history of your purchases or goods or services that you considered. If you contact our customer service department by phone, we may record the call. If you attend a Garden & Gun event, we may take a photograph or video of you or in which your image may be included and published. When you access our website, we collect your IP address automatically, and we may be able to use this information to determine your general location.
3. Information from other sources. We obtain personal and non-personal information from third-party sources, such as our advertisers, business partners, sponsors, service providers, data partners, social media sites, and other third parties accessible through the site (such as via links from our websites and/or framed on our websites). These parties may collect information directly from you pursuant to their own separate privacy policies.
4. Non-personal information. We may collect non-personal information, such as which pages on the site are accessed, what information is downloaded, what type of browser and operating system are being used, which Internet service provider is being used, and other information of this general type from visitors to our websites. We collect and store this data on an aggregate and/or anonymous basis. We do not use this information to personally identify the site visitor. By collecting this information we learn how best to develop our websites to meet the needs and desires of our visitors.
B. METHODS OF INFORMATION COLLECTION
1. Personal information. We collect personal information when you submit it—such as when you sign up for an account with us, place an order for a product, or when you send us an email. In addition, your personal information may be collected by third parties as described above and then provided to Garden & Gun by the third party.
2. Non-personal information. We collect non-personal information via cookies, pixel tags, or other tracking technology. A cookie is a string of information that is stored on your computer when you visit our websites, and that your browser provides to the website each time you return. A pixel tag (also called a web beacon or clear GIF) is a tiny graphic with a unique identifier, embedded invisibly on a webpage (or an online ad or email), and is used to count or track things like activity on a webpage or ad impressions or clicks, as well as to access cookies stored on users' computers.
C. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
D. WHEN WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
1. Public disclosure. If you choose to interact with us on social media, your screen name and other information you have provided will be public. If you attend one of our events, we may publish a photograph or video that includes your image. We may also publish information concerning winners of contests that we sponsor, as permitted by the contest rules.
2. Service providers. During the course of its business, Garden & Gun uses third parties to provide a variety of business services, such as credit-card and billing processing, shipping, marketing, advertising optimization and interest-based targeting, email and text message distribution, data processing, mobile and website analytics, user authentication, security and promotions management, legal services, and financial services. In some instances, Garden & Gun may need to provide personal and/or non-personal information about you to such third parties. However, all third party service providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any purpose other than that for which they were selected to work with Garden & Gun.
3. Advertisers. We may provide your information to advertisers and marketing service providers to develop, manage, and conduct advertising and marketing campaigns, promotions, and offers, including about our content, products, and services or third parties’ products and services. We may also share information you provided when entering a contest with the sponsor(s) of the contest.
4. Data partners. We may share information with data partners, such as data aggregators and data resellers. They may provide us with demographic information, information about your purchases, and other information that helps us learn about you and other visitors. We do not retain or preserve this information, or disclose any personal information that we may obtain in this manner to other third parties.
E. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.
Please be aware that Garden & Gun advertisers, business partners, sponsors, service providers, and other third parties accessible through the site (such as via links from our websites and/or framed on our websites) may collect information about you pursuant to their own privacy practices. In addition, we maintain a presence on social media sites, which may collect information directly from you. Garden & Gun has no control over these parties and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of the third parties when providing information to them.
F. OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures that we believe are appropriate to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of our databases or sites, nor can we guarantee that information will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In order to use some of the features of our websites, you may be required to create an account with us. For your protection, your account will only be accessible by means of a password or similar security measure. If you believe that your password or email address has been compromised, you should change your account with us immediately. If you forget your password, follow the instructions on the login page.
G. CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Garden & Gun websites are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 13. We donot knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 through our websites. If you are a child under the age of 13 who intends to submit information to Garden & Gun through our websites, you must obtain your parent’s consent prior to making such a submission. Even if you are 13 or over, we recommend that all children under the age of 18 obtain parental consent prior to the submission or purchase of anything through our websites.
H. ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND “OPT OUT” PROCEDURES
1. You can update and review your account information by logging into your account with your username and password. If you do not have a user name and password, or if there are pieces of information that you cannot alter yourself, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send mail to 701 East Bay Street, Suite 115, Charleston, S.C., 29403 for assistance.
2. You have various options to “opt out” of receiving information from us and our marketing partners. For example, when you sign up for a subscription to Garden & Gun magazine, you have the option not to receive special offers and promotions by email from us or selected marketing partners. You also can opt-out from our newsletters by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message. If you no longer want to receive third-party email offers that you requested through our site, simply follow the advertiser’s unsubscribe link or opt-out instructions that should be included in every commercial message you receive.
I. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
1. California Shine the Light Act. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed certain types of personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. At our option, we may respond to such requests by providing instructions about how our users can exercise their options to prevent our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can read these instructions above in the section titled “Access to your Personal Information and “Opt Out” Procedures.” Or, if you are a California resident and prefer that we send you a separate response, please email your request to email@example.com.
2. California Consumer Privacy Act. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) grants of California residents certain rights with respect to their personal information and requires us to provide such individuals with certain information. Under the CCPA, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request that we delete your personal information. You can make this deletion request by calling us at 843-795-1195 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we collect, the purposes for which the information will be used, the categories of third parties with whom we share the information, and the specific pieces of information we have collected about you. You can make this disclosure request by calling us at 843-795-1195 or emailing us at email@example.com.
- You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we sell to third parties, the categories of third parties to whom we sell the information, the specific pieces of information we have collected about you, and the categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose. You can make this disclosure request by calling us at 843-795-1195 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to tell us not to sell your personal information to third parties (your “opt out” right). You can make this opt-out request by calling us at 843-795-1195 or emailing us at email@example.com.
J. NON-U.S. VISITORS
The Garden & Gun websites are operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. However, if you are located in the European Union, you may have certain rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These include your right to access personal information that has been processed, right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”), right to rectification of any information that is incorrect, right to restrict processing your personal information, right to data portability, and right to object (opt-out) to processing (unless we otherwise have compelling legitimate grounds). EU residents can exercise these rights by raising a request directly to privacy @gardenandgun.com.
K. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Mail: Garden & Gun
701 East Bay Street, Suite 115
Charleston, SC 29403